Friday, April 14, 2006

peeps...

from the NPR series kitchen window:

When the white dogwood and pink cherry tree blossoms start to bloom along my street, I know one of my favorite springtime migrations is under way: Millions of fresh, newborn Peeps are making the great journey from their birthplace in Bethlehem, Penn., to destinations all over the world. This annual tradition has turned a classic Easter tale of rebirth and renewal into a kitschy celebration of spring. And every year, I make sure to spend some time chilling with my Peeps.

read the entire article (which includes a recipe for the chocolate and peeps pie seen above) on the NPR website.

i dare somebody to show up at their mother-in-law's house for easter dinner bearing that as their contribution to the family meal...

No comments: