Wednesday, May 03, 2006

i am a sunburned moron who CLEARLY doesn't learn from her mistakes...

so when my mac died earlier this year, you would have thought that the threat of losing all of my thesis work would have made me religious about backing up my computer.

you would have thought that, wouldn't you...

well, monday i narrowly avoided DISASTER when the blue screen of death appeared on my PC. the PC with ALL my email on it. with EVERYTHING regarding brian's booking. the last time i'd backed that up was in january. do you know how many emails i've sent since january?

i said a very short prayer (over and over and over...) that if my computer would just start for ten minutes - just long enough for me to back this information up, i didn't care if afterwards it burst into flames.

it took about an hour and a half for my miracle to come, but god delivered in spectacular fashion. i now have a comprehensive set of backups. stuff i know i'll need, stuff i'll likely never need again. spare copies of it all.

perhaps you, too, might take the time to back up your computer today. no doubt there are files on it that you would be loathe to lose to the irretrievable ether of a crashed hard drive.

technology - i shake my fist at you!

1 comment:

timsamoff said...

Holy crap, you're lucky. :)