Wednesday, August 17, 2005

how i spent my 29th birthday and pictures of the bride and groom

one thing you will frequently find referenced here at in the midst is my girlfriends from houston. affectionately self-referenced as the big six. they are (please see the photo above to match names with faces) me, jill, nikki, lauren, trenda (my sister), and tania. lauren and i are unfortunately no longer in houston (a fact i simultaneously mourn and rejoice daily), so a couple of times per year, the six of us get together for a reunion.

last thanksgiving, we decided that we should repeat a big six vacation of a couple of years ago, and make our way to cloudcroft, new mexico, where nikki's folks have a cabin in the mountains. since all six of have summer birthdays, we decided that the occasion for our reunion would be a communal brithday celebration. and it just happened to work out that we did it on my actual birthday weekend.

and except for the man across the aisle from me on my flight who systematically tore up about five credit card statements page, by page, by page, by page.... it was a PERFECT holiday.

click here for proof.

and as promised, the bride and groom. lovely...

No comments: