Thursday, November 15, 2007

today, i am thankful for...

i've been learning alot this year about mindfulness. and intention. these virtues have been growing in me for the past couple of years, but my 2007 summer of yoga really framed them in new ways.

this, combined with the coming of my favorite holiday, has inspired me to count down the days to thanksgiving by...giving thanks. a thanksgiving advent calendar of sorts.

today, i am thankful for
  • a perfect afternoon for a walk (which i did) - with a warm sun and a cool breeze.
  • my eldest niece, who serenaded my voicemail earlier this week with a rousing rendition of "jingle bells."
  • the fact that my job comes with free housing that includes maid service (what?). and vicky, the blessed soul who cleans my toilet.
  • the team of writers who create the genius that is "the office."
  • cranberries, apples, pears, and PUMPKIN. yum...

No comments: