Monday, April 28, 2008

darkness and light...

i just spent a lovely extended weekend in kansas city. dallas has been a bit of a cruel mistress this spring, and it was great to spend some time back in the old hood. i ran around from dawn til dusk for four days straight, hitting up some of my favorite places with some of my favorite people. i even ran in to my old landlord, dan, who misses me terribly. it was, on many levels, so good.

however, upon my return, i was greeted with this news. mom said the town is covered up in texas rangers and that the old widow ladies are absolutely terrified.

a sleepy little town in the texas panhandle. where getting stuck in traffic means you got trapped behind a tractor on 15th street. where people wave from their cars, and wear red for the skyrockets. isolated, but not immune.

lord, have mercy.

3 comments:

texanatheart said...

Makes me want to vomit...it's stuff like this that makes me bolt out of bed in the middle of the night when I hear the slightest sound.
Do you think Luke Inman will be the prosecutor?

netman044 said...

Luke will indeed prosecute the case. A lot of pressure on a new DA. I'm sure that he will seek and receive a lot of help from more experienced prosecutors.

Katie Lady said...

I know, Mama was here last weekend and had JUST told us about the 'person' harassing the old ladies, even my grandmother. Then the next day, we get this news. I could NOT believe it....like something out of a dream. Stuff like this happens to other people, and not in Wellington.